Sunday 8 June 2008

A lovely day 'On the Hill'

We have spent the day in the garden, enjoying the June sunshine & catching up with gardening chores. The heavy rain of the last week, combined with spells of warm June sunshine have really helped the garden to look pretty easy on the eye. Just what the doctor ordered after a hectic week of exams (son & heir + the two teachers that make up this family) & for me, primary school transition visits. Mr J is making headway on his school's timetable.

The week started with huge excitement. I won a wonderful shawl, knitted by Clarebelle, as an initiative on her blog to raise money for the MS Society. It arrived on Wednesday, along with a box of chocs that helped with last minute revision & some treats for Moss. Did I mention that the shawl is wonderful, gorgeous, scrumptious perhaps? Thank you again Clare. Here she is, Laminaria, knitted in Laughing Rat Studio Laceweight Merino:

I have to take her along to Knit Night on Tuesday to be fondled & patted! I am not going to submitted any pictures of MY knitting alongside such wonderful work, however if you have noted my struggles with Luna Moth then the update is that she was frogged & I started again, armed with a mountain of lockable stitch markers. I don't know what I was making such a fuss about. I am back to row 61 & all is going smoothly as long as I mark the start of each pattern set with markers every 10 stitches! For simple knitting I am knitting Mr J a pair of fingerless mitts on 2.25 needles using up leftovers of fingering weight sock yarn. These were requested to fit under a heavier pair of ski gloves or on their own, 'cos he gets cold hands. Picture to follow. The first one is done & they look pretty good. Infact I will use up more sock yarn to knit a pair for me. There is no shortage of sock yarn around here!

The swallows are back making a home in the entrance to the bothy woodstore.

Must be onto soft furnishings! Other neighbours include.....
These young heifers were showing a keen interest when we took Moss for his evening walk earlier in the week & managed to capture a picture of a lovely summer sunset.

7 comments:

Terri said...

Looks like you're having nice weather!!!! How do you fo the multiple photo thing?? Is it flickr or photobucket? I've seen lots like that recently but totally unable to work it out myself......
Laminaria is gorgeous! I'm thinking of making one myself:-)

SueJ said...

Its 'Flickr Big http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/Toys' There is other stuff there as well!

Linda said...

The shawl is wonderful! I love the swallow photo, we don't see them here much.

florencemary said...

Lovely photos, and I almost had a tear in my eye (almost, but not quite - I'm a hard woman) when I saw your photo of Laminaria. I'm so pleased you like it; I enjoyed knitting it so much! Having said that, I feel a bit bad about bigging up Luna Moth, when you've obviously had a bad experience... eek. Hope it works out soon!

Lovely photo of the swallow: we have housemartins nesting in our eaves atm.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful garden you have! And what a beautiful shawl! Congradulations on both!

Heather L. said...

Enjoyed your photos so much! What a lovely shawl! My sister and I really want to start a Sit and Knit somewhere near to us -- I hope we have a group going before the Fall! We'll see.

Artis-Anne said...

Oh what lovely pictures and I was about to ask the same as Terri so thanks for the answer:)I especially love the one of the little heifer , curious when there is a dog about aern't they ?
That is a lovely shawl I love that pattern.