Thursday 18 October 2007

A breath of fresh air



The 'Geography Holiday' was good. I am a bit k*******! But thats fresh air & been on call 24/7 (& 'mum to 20 17 year olds!). We also have a Parent consultation evening for Year 11 tonight! The photo is of May Beck in the North York Moors National Park. I did a little sock knitting & after my efforts were closely inspected by one young man he declared "Miss, your really sick at knitting!" Apparently it means really good! I'll take the compliment & my 'River Rapids' are 3/4 done.
I caught up with a little blog reading last night & some bloggers were apologising for not blogging or commenting. Why? I love reading other people's blogs & really appreciate the comments that people make on my blog but if it becomes a chore not a pleasure then surely the message should be just don't worry, post a gone away message if you like & then return to blogland when it suits you. You can always cite Ravelry!


6 comments:

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Beautiful photos! Isn't it interesting how 'youth jive' changes! I guess you can keep up with it some, as you work with them, but for me it can give me a furrowed brow!
I must put a "gone fishing/knitting" comment on my blog.

Linda said...

Yorkshire is such a lovely part of the country. Glad you survived the trip!

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Hi Mrs. J: In Ravelry, I am Swimmingpeg! I must learn how to put my flickr pics on Ravelry, but for the moment, I am busy with other things. I am making the Swallowtail Shawl in ecru silk for my GD. She graduates next June and even if she does not wear it, I want to make it for her!

florencemary said...

Glad all went well on your trip, and lovely photos as usual!

Well, I thought I knew it all, but I haven't heard that 'sick' equals "really good". I'll have to try to 'up' my street cred. Man.

Joanne said...

What beautiful landscapes! I wish I'd had a geography teacher like you. :)

Dipsy Doodle said...

Your photography is stunningly beautiful, and I'm not exaggerating here! You have a great eye for details - and the colours are stunning! Thanks for sharing!