Saturday 11 April 2009

Do what you love.......

I was given these earrings for Christmas. Perhaps it should be our family motto? It seems to work for us anyway. Today is our 28th wedding anniversary!
We have had a good week pottering around the family castle! I have got some knitting done. On the left 'geographical socks' 7 on the right 'Twining Leaf'. What? Surely they were blue a few days ago? Correct. I frogged them yesterday. The Dream in Color Smooshy just looked lumpy. Too good a yarn to waste so I started again with Araucania 'Ranco' in a lovely leafy shade.
The yarn was part of my lovely Spring Swap gift from Tina. Yarn....
two lovely felted baskets, chocolate & home made applesauce!
I gifted Jess a pair of mittens (pattern 'Mushy peas' & yarn 'Organic DK Merino' from Krafty Koala) & 'The little book of socks'. The yarn was fantastic to knit with & I loved the pattern (there is a hat pattern too). The swap produced some fab. knitted items as usual & we had another great evening.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary :o)

Thanks for the toe up pattern tip

Heather L. said...

Happy Anniversary!!! i hope you both have a special day!

i can see how socks can become addictive, even though I'm only on my second pair. They really are fun, and the new green you have is just beautiful!

Mandy said...

Happy Anniversary!

florencemary said...

What lovely earrings! Happy anniversary to you both!

clarabellex