Saturday 4 April 2009

Sing a powerful song!

Mr J & I went to see The Saw Doctors in concert at The Royal Hall in Harrogate last night! What a great way to start the Easter Holidays! They were FANTASTIC! One long party of fun & irishness! Everyone clapped, bopped & sang along. My hands hurt from clapping & my face ached from smiling! If you have a liking for this brand of excellence, then go see them if you can!

Did I mention it was holiday time in teacher land? It is & not a day too soon! Not skiing this Easter but spending time doing up the old castle a bit & (shh, don't tell Mr J) knitting! Cleite shawl is blocking on my bed & I have plans for a sock cast on fest. this afternoon! Pictures will follow.

I do have a couple of pictures of our 'venture to Kent to pick up son & heir (home safely & quickly back in employment to earn some dosh before rejoining academia(!) in September.


This is Bodiam Castle, which is a treat in the spring sunshine:The two geographers had to, of course, go have a look at Dungeness. Its a huge shingle spit, backed by Romney Marsh. Its odd! Its described by some as fragile & eclectic! The garden & shack used to belong to the filmmaker Derek Jarman.

Its fab. to have our skier back. The house (broke the sofa within 10 minutes of been back) & food bill are noticing the difference!

2 comments:

florencemary said...

Great photos/news, and glad to hear that S&H is back home safely (despite the sofa incident!). Some of my forebears were coastguards during the 19th century at Romney/Lydd - I haven't been, but I love this type of seascape (we have Spurn Point near us).

Looking foward to seeing Cleite!

Heather L. said...

So nice to see your update. What an interesting color for a little cottage -- somehow the black doesn't look as bad as it could. It's always nice to see pictures of castles. I'm afraid I can't reciprocate.