Wednesday 28 February 2007

mitts & new sock wool!



One mitt knitted, but more sock wool has arrived & as this is to knit a pair of socks for my Auntie's birthday on March 15th I had better put the mitts aside! The yarn is from The Natural Dye Studio & is 100% Merino. 100% wool may not be the hardest wearing option but it does feel very cosy. The big question is what pattern? It can't be too much of a challenge with the time factor involved. I know I have said somewhere in cyberspace that the next socks would be Monkey but......my new sock book arrived yesterday and has a couple of possibles (infact they are all wonderful looking patterns!). A good recommendation from Brenda at Cast-On!

3 comments:

acrylik said...

Beautiful mitts and lovely new yarn! What was the new sock book you bought?

Artis-Anne said...

Lovely mitts and I love the sock yarn. Which sock book did you get ?. I still am trying to decide which one to go for

Amazing isn't it the power of blogs ? scary too at times ;-)

SueJ said...

Favorite Socks -as reccomended by Brenda Dayne of Cast On! See post from about 10 days ago for a link.